Introduction to High-performance Computing (sciCORE Cluster)
10 September 2024
13 September 2024
For-profit: 0 CHF
|03 Dec 2024
This full-day course has a practical focus, where participants will learn how to use the Linux command line and interact with the sciCORE cluster. All new users of sciCORE are strongly encouraged to follow this course.
This course is restricted to members of the University of Basel and associated institutes who want to use the sciCORE cluster. It is designed for PhD students, postdocs, and group leaders without (or very little) experience with Linux and the use of high-performance infrastructures.
At the end of the course, the participants are expected to:
- Obtain basic knowledge of the Linux/UNIX environment
- Obtain basic knowledge of high throughput and high performance computing
- Learn how to use the sciCORE infrastructure for scientific applications (including hands-on exercises)
- Tips and tricks for effective and efficient cluster usage (eg compute and storage usage guidelines)
- Discuss particular computing needs and requirements of course participants
Knowledge / competencies
- Have an internet connection. We will host the course online via Zoom.
- Windows users should install MobaXterm, Linux and Mac users can use the Terminal application.
The course is free of charge, but registration is mandatory. Please note that participation to SIB courses is subject to our general conditions.
You will be informed by email of your registration confirmation.
Venue and time
The course will be held online via Zoom.
The course will start at 9:00 and end around 17:00. Precise information will be provided to the participants on due time.
Coordination: Wandrille Duchemin and Rubén Cabezón
You are welcome to register to the SIB courses mailing list to be informed of all future courses and workshops, as well as all important deadlines using the form here.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.