Introduction to high-performance computing (sciCORE cluster)
04 June 2018
For-profit: 0 CHF
No future instance of this course is planned yet
This full-day course (9-17h) has a practical focus, where participants will learn how to use the Linux command line and interact with the sciCORE cluster. All new users of sciCORE are strongly encouraged to follow this course.
This course is restricted to members of the University of Basel who want to use the sciCORE cluster. It is designed for PhD students, postdocs, and group leaders without (or very little) experience with Linux and the use of high-performance infrastructures.
At the end of the course, the participants are expected to:
- Obtain basic knowledge of the Linux/UNIX environment
- Obtain basic knowledge of high throughput and high performance computing
- Learn how to use the sciCORE infrastructure for scientific applications (including hands-on exercises)
- Tips and tricks for effective and efficient cluster usage (eg compute and storage usage guidelines)
- Discuss particular computing needs and requirements of course participants
Knowledge / competencies
- Please bring your own laptop with WIFI Eduroam activated
- Windows users should install MobaXterm, Linux and Mac users can use the Terminal application
Venue and time
University of Basel, Sky Lounge Biozentrum Annex, 13th Floor, Klingelberstrasse 61.
The course will start at 9:00 and end around 17:00. Precise information will be provided to the participants on due time.
You are welcome to register to the SIB courses mailing list to be informed of all future courses and workshops, as well as all important deadlines using the form here.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.