The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) acts as a consultative body providing recommendations to the Board of Directors (BoD) and the Council of Group Leaders. Its main tasks consist in monitoring the service and infrastructure activities, as well as the core bioinformatics resources. It is made up of at least five members who must be internationally renowned scientists from the Institute’s fields of activities.
- Prof. Alfonso Valencia (Chairman), Director of the Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Madrid, Spain;
- Prof. Søren Brunak, Founder of the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark;
- Dr Laurent Duret, CNRS Research Director, Laboratory of Biometry and Evolutionary Biology, Claude Bernard-Lyon 1 University, France;
- Dr David de Graaf, President & CEO, Syntimmune, Newton, USA;
- Prof. Melissa Haendel, Director of the Ontology Development Group, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, USA;
- Prof. Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, Department of Pathology and Department of Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA;
- Prof. Christine Orengo, Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, United Kingdom;
- Prof. Ron Shamir, Computational Genomics group at the Blavatnik School of Computer Science, Tel Aviv University, Israel;
- Prof. Anna Tramontano, Computational Biology Laboratory, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy.